Seven reasons to use solar
Besides saving the environment, are there any practical reasons to use solar? You may be suprised at how many good reasons there are..
- It’s a great supplementary system for power cuts – when summer hits in Bangladesh and the current is off more than it’s on, a household solar system can put you through the summer power cuts.
- Solar is getting cheaper – every year for the past decade, the cost of solar energy has dropped by an average of about 3.5%.
- It’s the best clean energy option in Bangladesh – while hydroelectric and wind have some potential on the fringes of Bangladesh, solar is the big energy resource of Bangladesh.
- Solar panels last – Most electric panels will produce electricity for 25 years or more. The energy required to make solar panels gets returned in about 1½-3½ years.
- It’s a better alternative to an IPS system – both IPS (Instant Power Supply) systems and solar systems are expensive, but there’s a big difference. IPS systems merely steal electricity so your neighbor without an IPS has more frequent loadshedding, while solar systems are clean and continually create new electricity.
- Only 40% of Bangladeshi citizens are on the grid – For those off the national electricity grid, solar is a promising option. Particularly when you consider that the per capita energy consumption in Bangladesh is one of the lowest in the world (136 kWH).
- It’s more efficient than an IPS - with an IPS, the current needs to be converted three times between DC and AC current, each time inevitably losing some energy. With a solar system, you can have a parallel system in entirely DC (direct current).
- our product details
- understanding your household needs